TWO HITCHCOCK CHAIRS
SAMUEL CHASE 18th CENTURY TEA SERVICE
An anonymous donor has given us a beautiful David Haring blue and white coverlet dated 1834 bears the name Catherine Demarest. She was born in 1810 and married Abraham A. Terhune in 1831. They lived on the Terhune Homestead on East Saddle River Road in the house also known as the Joe Jefferson house and later on a adjacent property.
A wood and metal baby tender from the early 20th century, donated to our collection by Pamela Woods.
This 18th century sword was found after the American Revolution in the thatch of a barn on a farm belonging to the Banta family in what today is Ho-Ho-Kus. It was kept by the Banta family until 2020 when donated to the historical society.
It is an enlisted man’s hangar from pre- French and Indian War period. It is 34” long, and 1747 and the image of a fox are engraved on the blade. From information engraved on the hilt, it would have belonged to a private in the Lieutenant Colonel’s Company, 2nd battalion , First( Royal Regiment of Foot) NO 12 refers to the 12th man on their rolls. At the time, all enlisted men in the British Army carried one of these.